The world is a scary place. Anything can happen to you in a second. A life changing event could occur at any time. Doesn't mean you have to live being afraid of everything, but it's always good to be cautious and grateful for your life.
Recently, Japan suffered a major earthquake, in which created a tsunami. Earthquakes happen quite often, but if they are big enough, it could cause major havoc. Which is what is going on Japan right now.
I've always been fascinated with natural disasters. I've seen a funnel cloud (which produces a tornado) and been in a tiny earthquake in Costa Rica. I always feel bad for the innocent people who suffer from these unseen natural occurrences.
The reason these natural disasters in Japan have had more of an effect on me is because my mom happened to be over in Tokyo when it all went down. I was watching the news late on a Thursday night when I saw what was taking place. I panicked. I knew my mom was over there and was trying to return back to the States. I was able to get a hold of her. Fortunately for our family and for her, she was at the airport. The airport was one of the safest places to be, even though they did receive damage.
My mother works in the horticulture business. When she travels to Asia, she spends a lot of time in greenhouses and more rural areas. Seeing the Tsunami wash ashore in Japan really got my heart flowing. My mom could of been out there. My best friend, the woman who raised me could of been taken away from me.
Thankfully she was ok. Just hearing the text noise go off my phone from her knowing she was alright made me so relieved. Granted she was stuck at the airport for almost 36 hours was horrible but it's a small price to pay for being fortunate to be ok.
There were people in worse shape then her. People who lost families and loved ones. My mom was frustrated for being there at the airport for a long time, but she knew it could of been worse. She was thankful.
Your life could change in a second. You could die at anytime. You could lose someone at anytime. Doesn't mean you need to stop living your life. You gotta keep living your life. Every breath is a gift. Every day is a memory. People need to be thankful for what they have and who they have.
It makes me think of how I complain about the stumpiest things in life. It would make more sense for me to complain losing everything in life.
LIVE LIFE. TOTAL LIFE FOREVER.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment