Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day

Happy Valentines Day!

The day to love. The day to care. The day to admire. The day to cherrish.

My day was alright. Came into this day knowing that I wasn't going to have a Valentine unless someone surprised. Well no surprises. Wanted to wish someone a happy V day but went against it after thinking about how they would take it. "Oh no, It's Brent. He isn't over it"...well yes, I'm over and have been. Get over yourself. So I backed off from pretty much wishing anyone a happy V Day.

Wore all black. Not as protest, but just as. "I wear black on the outside, as black as I feel on the inside" - Morrissey

The hardest part of today was probably when I went to pick up a pizza at a nice pizza joint here in town. So many couples dining in. Me getting my pizza to go just sent obvious signs that today I am alone. I have no special lady friend. It happens. It's weird because about a month ago, I had a few girls aiming for me. Now none. It happens. It's alright.

I know my time will come. Someone will appreciate the person I am. Someone will want to be with someone like me. Everyone I have dated probably hasn't appreciated the person I am and that is fine. I guess they aren't the one. Which is good. I want the "one" to be the "one". When she appears, angels will sing down from heaven.

Whether or not you have a Valentine or not, do note that people probably still care about you and you probably care about certain people. This holiday probably shouldn't be about just having a certain someone. It should be about love and caring. It's not hard. It's easy. I love. I care.

No comments: