Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Depeche Mode


What an amazing show!


I remember around the first time I heard Depeche Mode. A video of theirs came on MTV. The song was "Enjoy the Silence". I thought the song was pretty good, but I loved the video. It wasn't until years later where I really appreciated what this band has done since the early 80s. Even their new stuff gets me dancing.


I had been waiting many years to see this concert.


Peter, Bjorn and John opened. They tried, but it wasn't the right setting for them. I heard the "Young Folks" and that was pretty much all I needed to hear. Once again, they tried.


Depeche Mode took the stage around 9. Opened with the first 3 songs off the new album. After that, the fun really began. Beautiful stage show and amazing song selection. The only songs that I really wanted to hear that they didn't play were "Strangelove" and "Everything Counts". Their catalog is so huge that they can't play everything I want to hear.





Set List:

In Chains

Wrong

Hole to Feed

Walking In My Shoes

It's No Good

A Question of Time

Precious

Fly on the Windscreen

Little Soul

Home

Miles Away/The Truth Is

Policy of Truth

In Your Room

I Feel You

Enjoy the Silence

Never Let Me Down Again


Encore 1:

A Question of Lust

Stripped

Behind the Wheel


Encore 2:

Personal Jesus

Waiting for the Night


Both encores where worth the $90 plus admission. I even bought a $40 shirt. All was worth it. It is hard to really review this show because words can't express how great it really was.


Who knows if I will ever see this band again? One thing for sure is that if they ever do come back around, I will be there.



No comments: