Wednesday, September 16, 2009

R.I.P Swayze/Carroll

So yesterday we lost 2 great people in this world. Patrick Swayze and Jim Carroll. Very sad. Both from cancer I believe.

I swear, besides Jaws, I have seen Dirty Dancing more than any other movie. Not by choice. It just is on all the time. It's a great story. I wish I could re-write some parts of the script to favor what I would want to see, but whatever. I knew Swayze has been sick for a long time and it was only a matter for time before he passed on. Still sad. I loved him also in Ghost and Roadhouse. What a bad ass he was.

"Sorry about the disruption, folks, but I always do the last dance of the season. This year somebody told me not to. So I'm gonna do my kind of dancin' with a great partner, who's not only a terrific dancer; somebody who's taught me that there are people willing to stand up for other people no matter what it costs them; somebody who's taught me about the kind of person I wanna be. Miss Frances Houseman." - Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze)


Jim Carroll
Awesome writer. Creative. Very underground. Survived drugs. Sad that he is gone as well. Do yourself a favor and watch the "Basketball Diaries." Leonardo DiCaprio plays Jim Carroll. It's Jim's story.

"You're growing up. And rain sort of remains on the branches of a tree that will someday rule the Earth. And it's good that there is rain. It clears the month of your sorry rainbow expressions, and it clears the streets of the silent armies... so we can dance." - Jim Carroll

No comments: