Austin City Limits was a huge success. I had a great time and saw a bunch of great bands.
The rain Saturday and the mud on Sunday didn't slow this guy down. I pretty much hit up every band I really really wanted to see.
It's hard to come up with my top favorite acts list, but I'm going to do my best.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Probably my favorite the whole weekend. I have been wanting to see them for several years now. It was a great show! Karen O is probably the best frontwoman in the business right now. She just ownes the stage. Very powerful!
Grizzly Bear: I have been so into this band all year and they didn't disapoint. I belted out the tunes while they played. They sounded like they do on my iPod. Meaning they were great. This is a band that I will follow for a while and I hope see them live again.
The Dirty Projectors: I missed the beginning of their set due to the fact that the band Passion Pit was playing. The album they released this year might be my album of the year. I got really close on Sunday when they were playing and they sounded amazing. Probably the best band I saw Sunday. They different from other bands and the talent in this group is hard to beat. I was very happy that I left Passion Pit to catch 40 minutes of the Dirty Projector set.
Clutch: 3rd time seeing this band. They bring it every single time. I wish I could of heard older stuff,but what can you do? Still intense straight up rock. It was a good way to start the last day of the festival.
The Dead Weather: I was very eager to see this band. Jack White of The White Stripes and Alison of The Kills. 2 bands who I really want to see,but still haven't. So it was nice to see the key parts of both of these bands together on stage. They sounded great and were very tight. I was nervous with Jack White playing drums, but I guess when you are a such a talent musican, nothing can hold you back from doing anything.
ACL Awards..
Best Band: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Most Rocking: Them Crooked Vultures and Clutch
Most Disapointing: Passion Pit (still a fan, but ehh..)
Band that made me a fan: Phoenix
Most unbelievable/Sounds to good to be true: Dirty Projectors
Worst Part of ACL: Mud, soreness in feet
In summary, it was a great weekend. No real major problems. Got to hang with my friend Jennifer (see pic below). Saw bands that I have never got to see before. No one died. No one got hurt. Drama was at a low level for most of the weekend.
The weekend was thearputical for me. I needed this weekend. I had to get away for a while. Let the music clear my head. I came back with what I wanted...ANSWERS. It was a success. *High Five*
No comments:
Post a Comment