Sunday, January 25, 2009

Being alone...

Greetings on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

This weekend I have been a loner. I just wanted some "me" time.

Friday night I went out to the local bars towards campus and had a few drinks. Ran into a few people I knew but just bar hopped and people watched by myself until 11:30. It was kinda lame, especially once I got home. I didn't drink much, honest to God, but after about 30 minutes of sitting around I felt wasted. Made myself sick. It was a good solution for the evening.

Yesterday I did nothing, and I mean nothing. I left the house twice to get lunch and dinner. The rest of the day/night I spent reading and watching TV. I ignored phone calls and several text messages and I enjoyed myself.

Due to a quiet evening, I got plenty of sleep and got up early to clean and watched the movie Juno. I finally saw it all the way through. I had been waiting to see this when it was out on select theaters. When it finally came here to town, I lost interest. No one wanted to see it with me and the person who I dreamed of seeing it with, had gone without me.

Well I thought the movie was pretty good. Some of the song selections for the movie were lame. They did a good job of name dropping some bands people have never heard of in this generation. The Melvins came up a few times. I have had the pleasure of seeing them twice. Loud and intense.

After watching the movie I hopped in the shower while listening to the sincere sounds of Rilo Kiley and then got some lunch by myself at the Fox N Hound.

No one was there, so the waitress, Kim, kept me company. She was pretty cute. After a while, I wanted her to leave me alone and let me know enjoy my chips and salsa and pizza. She did and I left her a pretty good tip. I think the scruffy facial hair turned her on or my "I don't care" attitude.

Being alone isn't always bad. I can do what I want. Think what I want. Say what I want, because no one is here to witness it and have an opinion on it.

Like anyone cares what happened this weekend, but what I wrote above is what happened. I just blabble a lot of sometimes.

Quicksand- Dine Alone

1 comment:

Karen said...

I cant wait to see you. You have to see Blakely before she gets too big!!