I complain a lot. I get mad at myself when I realize what I am doing, because I know I could have it worse.
Yesterday afternoon I watched one of my favorite movies of all time, Mask. It stars Cher and it is based on a true story.
I seriously almost cried about 10 times watching it. I have seen this movie so many times, but it still hits me so hard. Rocky Dennis, who the true story is about, is someone who people should look up to. Being deformed and looking completely different from anyone else is a tall order, especially in such a cruel world we live in. But when you accept that you are different and you have an amazing personality, people will see your true beauty. They will accept you for who you are. A good person. I need his attitude and outlook on life. Being different is good, but being a great person is better.
I am so fortunate to have the life that I have. I take it for granted when I shouldn't.
Yesterday afternoon I watched one of my favorite movies of all time, Mask. It stars Cher and it is based on a true story.
I seriously almost cried about 10 times watching it. I have seen this movie so many times, but it still hits me so hard. Rocky Dennis, who the true story is about, is someone who people should look up to. Being deformed and looking completely different from anyone else is a tall order, especially in such a cruel world we live in. But when you accept that you are different and you have an amazing personality, people will see your true beauty. They will accept you for who you are. A good person. I need his attitude and outlook on life. Being different is good, but being a great person is better.
I am so fortunate to have the life that I have. I take it for granted when I shouldn't.
I'm working on being a better, stronger person.
"These things are good: ice cream and cake, a ride on a Harley, seeing monkeys in the trees, the rain on my tongue, and the sun shining on my face.
These things are a drag: dust in my hair, holes in my shoes, no money in my pocket, and the sun shining on my face." -Rocky Dennis
"These things are good: ice cream and cake, a ride on a Harley, seeing monkeys in the trees, the rain on my tongue, and the sun shining on my face.
These things are a drag: dust in my hair, holes in my shoes, no money in my pocket, and the sun shining on my face." -Rocky Dennis

this song makes me sad, but it is still beautiful. I want it to be played at my funeral when I am 112 years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment