Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend Happs...

I had a long weekend, yet it flew by very very fast.

It was nice to spend time with my family. My mom was in town and that is always nice.

RECAP TIME

Thursday Night:
Went to the Mastodon/Converge show in Houston. Awesome show. Converge tore it up. Very intense. Loved the set and energy they put into it. The crowd was kinda weak, mainly because the headliners of the show was a band who is on the cartoon network, Deathklok. So lots of dorks in the attendance. Converge was very thankful for the applause they received and I even like them more now after seeing them live. Mastodon was great as well. My only problem was that the vocals needed to be turned up more. We left after Mastodon and it was a great evening in the city of H-Town.

Friday:
Grandma day! The day A&M honored my Grandmother 70 years of service at A&M. We had to dress nice and all that jazz. This was a surprise for my Grandma. She had no idea she was being awarded. We claimed our seats and she walked in and yet she never noticed us. We were actually right in front of her. Kind of funny if you were there. This event was being hosted by the A&M Womens Organization. So it was a total GIRL POWER Fest. I thought it was funny.
I sat with my Mom, brother and Aunt and some other girl around my age. She looked so familiar. We kept looking at each other like we knew each other. Come to find out we did know each other because we loved in the same dorm our first year at A&M. I thought she was a total bitch back then, but she was nice and looked great.
Back to the Grandma award thing...Grandma was surprised. She got a bench in honor of her. I didn't like that choice. How about a building? Overall it was nice to see my Grandma honored, but the food could of been better and it was a little too long.

Grandma never smiles. That is what she told me after this picture was taken. The other people in the pic are my brother and 2 cousins.


Friday Night:
Went to the A&M basketball game with my whole family. We won! Then when out to celebrate Crystal's sister birthday. We have a lot of fun when it's me and my bro and Crystal and her sister. Santastead's is what we call ourselves when we hang. (It's our last names combined into one)..shinfo.

Saturday:
Not a whole lot. A&M football lost again.

Sunday:
Church and then went to my Grandma's for lunch. That night my mom came over to watch Dexter with us. She got us into that show. Then I said goodbye to her, but I will see her in about a week or so for T-Day.

Dexter trying very hard to mock me


So it was somewhat a busy weekend. It was nice, but went too fast.

I am tired so I am going to end this now. My equilibrium has been off all day. I feel lightheaded.

Note to self: DONT PASS OUT.

No comments: