
(part of my yard, see the trampoline?)
Ahh....the beautiful sight of snow. I was surprised to see the light blanket of snow that fell in the early morning. You hardly ever see snow here. Back home in Batavia, we would get snowed on all the damn time. It was pretty for the first few snows, but then after that it was a big hot mess.
So anyways, the big talk at work was of course the snow in the morning. Everyone just kept talking and talking. Around 3 this afternoon, some big flakes started to fall from the sky. Everyone was ecstatic. People stopped doing their work and it was like time just stood still. It kept snowing until about 6:30 this evening. I was nervous about driving in it, not because of the weather, but because of Texas drivers. They don't have the first clue of what to do. They probably stopped on the side of the road to do snow angels. I don't blame them. I got this way when the hurricane was approaching this past summer. I was so stoked for it. I just didn't want people to get hurt, but I love that sort of thing. Things I never get to see. This is how these people in Texas feel about. Something so new, so different and unexpected. It moves you. It brings a smile to your face.
To be honest, I don't like cold weather or snow, but when the snow came down harder in the later evening, I was actually in awe of it. It was a beautiful sight.
My hand is being lit up by the winter spirit, I guess. Actually I was trying to throw a snow ball into the camera as I was taking the picture.

These are my new shoes getting their first taste of snow. I love my new shoes. I love shoes, but in a heterosexual way.

I am never good at taking pictures of myself. I look better if someone else is taking the shot. My head is big, but the scarf is nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment