Friday, March 27, 2009

Karma

Is karma real? I don't know if that really holds true. Sometimes I wish bad things to happen to people who did me wrong. Nothing major like death or anything, but maybe a taste of what they gave to me.

This blog is about a basketball coach who resurrected my university's basketball team about 5-6 years ago. Billy Gillispie was our head coach several years ago and he brought an 0-16 team in conference to a 2 straight appearances in the NCAA Tournament (we have had 2 more since we hired a new coach). So Gillispie was huge for our basketball program. I loved him. My mom wanted to marry him, he was the man here at my school. This guy could of became a legend. We would of had statues of him outside our basketball arena and maybe eventually named our court after him.

Well in life sometimes better opportunities come up and you need to jump on that train for more success. Like in relationships, friendships or anything for that matter. You have something going good, but you think there is something better out there. You take a risk and sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't.

The University of Kentucky stole our coach 2 years ago. I couldn't believe it when all this went down. This guy could of had it all here in Aggieland. He was a traitor and turned his back on us fans and on his players. We all wished for his failure at Kentucky. But can you blame him for passing up such a prestigious program such at UK? More money and the history of that basketball school is hard to ignore, but the pressure is intense. All eyes are now on you. You have to live up to certain expectations.

Well today Billy G was axed from Kentucky. He made the NCAA Tournament last year, but this year he had to settle for the NIT Tournament which is not what you aim for at the start of your season. So now Billy G is jobless. A&M still has a successful program and we don't miss him as much as when he first left. So is this karma? Was he asking for it?

Anyways...sometimes you shouldn't leave things that are going good or have potential to be better. It may not pay off to risk everything and then you become all alone and you probably regret leaving.

So part of me feels bad for Billy, but part of me feels that deserves everything he gets.

Billy G and Me outisde Reed Arena where A&M plays basketball. This pic was taken like in 2004 or 2005? Since then I have lost a lot of weight and when I do grow beards, they look a lot better. Oh memories.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I took that picture! Afterwards Billy and I went and made out behind the bus. :)

Brent said...

Don't tell my mom that. She will hate you. I remember I got mad at you that day because you used all the batteries taking pictures of nothing. I am sorry I freaked. haha.