Saturday, March 14, 2009

sadness can be beautiful

The overcast skies makes me lazy. I have done pretty much nothing besides getting some Chinese food for dinner.

My Fortune Cookie: Take in the beauty of ordinary things, and always keep doing that.

I think I do that. Even obscure things have beauty to it.

Yesterday I found out that I am going back to Vegas in May. It will be rad. It was last time. I am thinking either staying at the Venetian again or maybe Caesars Palace. Hopefully I come back with lots of winnings again.

I also scored Depeche Mode tickets at 10 this morning. Pretty good seats, and they better be since I dished out $89.75 per ticket (I got 2 tickets), and that doesn't even include the bogus ticketmaster charge.

The rest of the day was spent in my shorts I sleep in and a raggy old Soundgarden shirt that I got at a church yard sale back when I lived back in Batavia, IL. I also have been listening to Fever Ray's debut album.

If you like music and you have amazing ears like myself, please please do yourself a favor and pick up this album on iTunes or something. It will take you far away places in your mind. It is pretty damn good. It is Karin, one half of the band The Knife.

Therefore, Fever Ray is my band of the month.

Time to get ready to go out, though I am a little anti-social right now. =)

Karin Dreijer - Fever Ray

No comments: